Thursday, September 22, 2011

What To Sell On eBay

I'm 27 years old. Or at least that's what I claim to be. Why 27? I'm not sure. But that seems like a good age and I think I will stay there for a while.

Now even thought I'm 27 I will admit I was part of the Cabbage Patch Kids crazy in the early 80's (don't try to do the math. Just go with it). I had to have one those dolls!! Of course so did every other child in America. I begged for one. I pleaded. I bargained. I threatened. I did everything humanly possible at my young age to get one of those dolls. And I finally did. I don't even want to imagine how much it cost my parents.When I finally got that doll in my hands I think I heard music, angels singing. It was a dream come true. She went everywhere with me. I loved that doll.

Recently I went to a garage sale with my mom and she spotted a Cabbage Patch doll that looked just like the one I had growing up. I inquired about the price. Only $3.00 with a bag full of clothes. That seemed like a great deal to relive my childhood. On a whim I looked the doll up on eBay. They appear to do ok. Some better then others without rhyme or reason. So I decided to keep her for my Princess.

But then I decided to look to see how well the clothes are selling. I was surprised to see that they sell better then the actual dolls sometimes. Especially actual CPK clothes (there are other doll clothes that will fit these dolls that weren't originally marketed for them). I looked through the bag of clothes and was disappointed that most of the outfits were too small to fit the doll. Out of the entire bag full there were only 3 actual Cabbage Patch outfits. I took some pictures and listed them earlier last week. The three outfits sold for $16.00 total. Not bad for a $3.00 investment. And I still have the doll for my Princess to play with.

I don't know about your area but around beautiful Salinas I see CPK dolls and clothing for sale all the time. They usually sell a bag full of clothes for a couple dollars. I would always pass them up without a second look. But I can assure you from now on that's going to be on list of things to look for to sell on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment