Friday, September 2, 2011

What to sell on eBay

If there is some magic formula for what to sell on eBay I still haven't found it. It's pretty hit or miss on my part.

I am a mother of a two year old and I like to make sure she is always dressed to the nines especially when we go out. But I just can't seem to be able to bring myself to pay retail for her clothing. Even going to Target and finding the clearance rack isn't good enough for me. About 90% of her clothing comes from garage sales. And most things I pay a dollar or less for. So it really shocks me how much parents are willing to pay for their child's clothing.

Recently I purchased four Matilda Jane dresses at a garage sale for $2.00 each. This was a splurge for me but they were adorable. On a whim after I purchased them I looked them up on eBay. They were selling for a pretty penny. So being a resourceful mom I decided to list them on eBay instead of letting my Princess wear them. I have already sold two of the dresses for $35.00 each and one for $25.00.

Now before you think I'm a horrible mom for not letting my Princess wear the dresses, let me tell you she has a closet FULL of clothing. My mom (who watches her for me) keeps asking me to go thru her closet and get rid of some of the clothing because they don't all fit in her closet anymore. And with the $95.00 I have already made on these dresses I can buy my Princess another closet full of clothing.

So if you ever see any Matilda Jane dress while out at yard sales or thrift stores, make sure you pick them.

No comments:

Post a Comment