Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Too Much TV

I have been sick for a week. J says it’s just a cold and I’m being a baby. I think it’s a life threatening flu. OK maybe not life threatening but I felt horrible. During the time I was off work I spent most of the time asleep but when I was awake I watched lots of TV. Lots of mindless TV. I now know that Tia and Tamera are identical twins. The Duggars have a third grandson. I need to go drink from their faucet because that water makes them really fertile. The Little Couple adopted an Asian little boy. He is so sweet. And lots of other didn’t need to know info. But one of my favorite networks to watch was HGTV and DIY.

 

Here’s the problem with me and watching TV. I get crazy ideas from all these shows. Not only do I want to add to my house, and fix the bathroom and kitchen, but I’ve decided I want to become a slumlord. No that isn’t the latest Show on HGTV. But they do have a show that is called Income Property. After about 4 hours straight of that I decide that’s what my calling in life is. So the second J got home I sprung the news on him, “Honey we are going to become slumlords. Except the nice kind.” He walked out of the room. In the feverish haze I was in I figured it all out. We would buy a property in Iowa near where his family lived. Property is much cheaper there. We would hire a property management company. It would be our excuse for going to visit more often. I even found the property. All J had to do with agree. But reminded me that we can’t afford a second property.

 

A few days later we were out thrift store shopping and I got a sign that this is what I should be doing. Does anyone remember those radio commercials (they might have been on TV also but I only remember the radio ones) telling you how you can get rich quick by coming to a seminar (and buying tons of additional stuff) for Rich Dad Poor Dad. I sold a Rich Dad board game a few months ago for $40.00 plus shipping. It was used but looked like it was only used once. This time they had Rich Dad Real Estate. I scoped it up and was so happy when I showed it to J. “It’s a sign” I said. He shook his head and walked away again.

 

I don’t think my dream of becoming a real estate mogul are going to come true any time soon. And I would much rather sell the Rich Dad then keep it. I think there are plenty of other people out there that have the same dream of becoming rich quick that will scoop this up. What I find funny is that this get rich quick guru filed for bankruptcy a year or so ago if my memory is correct. He might not be the person I want to model myself after.

 

3 comments:

  1. You and I are so alike. My hubby thinks its funny that all my favorite shows are basically about making cash from trash. I'm loving Salvage Dogs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turn on HGTV and can't turn it off. I love Flea Market Flip, House Hunters and Property Virgins. I'm glad you're feeling better, though, and I too need to drink some Duggar water :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly I love flea market flip! And back in the day I would have paid big money to take a pilgramish to the Duggar's faucet. But God answered my prayers in ways I never would have predicted and I couldn't be happier. Andi is the love of my life and I even if she didn't grow in my belly she grew in my heart and I couldn't love her more. But I feel you frustration.

      Delete