Monday, November 11, 2013

New BOLO

I am a member if several Facebook groups. Recently I saw a post (I don’t remember in which group) about a Bape (Bathing Ape) jacket wondering if it was real. Two things struck me with this post. One, what kind of clothing does someone named Bathing Ape make? And if they were wondering if the jacket was real then it has to be worth good money. I pretty sure people don’t do knockoffs of inexpensive items. What would be the point. So I looked up the brand on eBay and was shocked how expensive this brand is. I looked at their online shop and t-shirts start at $90 and can go as high as $230.00. FOR A T-SHIRT!?!?! Jackets can run over $1000.00.

 

Bathing Ape is a Japanese clothing company which seems to sell mostly street wear clothing. Stuff young people who don’t know the value of a dollar like. They have collaborated with popular characters to make special designs like Spongebob and Hello Kitty so they are hitting two niches. Some of their stuff is adorable but way out of my price range. Luckily that usually means that it’s out of a lot of other peoples price range too. And where do people look when they want something cheaper? EBAY!

 

If you happen to find a Bape clothing item on your travels and are wondering if it is real here are a couple of guides to help out. The last thing any eBay seller wants is to get caught selling a fake anything on eBay even if it was unintentional.

 

http://www.authenticbape.com/spot-fake-bape-aka-fape.html

http://www.bapeinfo.com/fake-bape/

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-spot-fake-bape-bathing-ape-Part-1-/10000000001249147/g.html

 

(anyone else think their logo guy looks like a character from Plant of the Apes)

 

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this brand Thanks for the heads up I doubt I will ever find any Bape products here though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of it before either! I will keep on the lookout! Thanks! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of that one. Thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete