Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Called What?!

If you had a clothing line what would you name it? Think of all the possibilities. All the ways you can express who you are or what you represent. And with all this possibilities I often wondered why some people settles on the such strange names. Some are easy to figure out. Many designers just name the brand after themselves. But others … make me wonder, what were they thinking?!?!?! For example:

Apple Bottom Jeans – Maybe women they like there bottoms named after the shape of a fruit. I would prefer all eyes stay away from that area thank you very much

Baby Phat or any other brand that has the word Phat – I don’t care how you spell it I don’t want anything fat or phat touching my body. I have enough already.

7 for all Mankind – While I think it’s kinda cool to have the word Mankind in the name why do we only get seven of what ever it is. What if I want 8.? And what exactly are they giving Mankind. Makes me think of a Twilight Zone episode I once saw, “To Serve Man”. Maybe I don’t want any at all.

I’m sure I can go on and on about designers name brands. What made me think of (yes there is a reason not just my brain going crazy) was a dress I sold recently. The brand name was Jelly the Pug. Cute name but I don’t know if I would name my brand after a pug no matter how cute it’s name was. The fabric for this brand is very colorful and whimsical. It stood out among the racks of other children’s clothing at my local Goodwill. I picked it up on a whim and figured for $2 I would take a chance selling it. Sometimes my instincts pay off, it sold within a week for $24.00. Might be another good BOLO.

1 comment:

  1. I actually kinda like those weird and unusual names. I would probably come up with something that has my cat's name in it...like Fuzzy Muffin Sweaters or something like that. lol

    ReplyDelete