Tuesday, January 15, 2013

30 Below

OK Maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t that cold on Saturday. It might have been more like 31 degrees but it felt like 30 below. We aren’t used to this type of weather around here. But I didn’t let the cold weather stop me from going yard saling this weekend. I wish I could say it was worth getting the family out of bed but the sales were few and unfortunately not very good. This was one of the rare Saturdays I had both girls with me so they got dragged along too. Now before anyone goes calling CPS (again) on me for taking them out in freezing weather, I bundled them up in so much warm clothing that they could barely move. Princess had books, games, and movies to keep her entertained and Nugget had a fully tummy so with the movement of the car she slept most of the morning. Jason and I took turns getting out of the car so the girls never left the warm comfort of their car seats. I can’t say the same for us.

We all have our little quirks. Admit it, you have a couple too. I will share mine. Like I can’t eat two same color M&M’s in a row. I don’t know why. It’s just wrong. I also rarely wear closed toed shoes. So even though it was 30 degrees out on Saturday and I had 3 layers of clothing, gloves, a hat and scarf I was still wearing my sandals. I know, not smart. But I did have some nice woman feel sorry for me and sell me a pair of Ugg boots for $2.00. And they were my size. I threw them in the back of my car and kept the sandals on. Sshh don’t tell her. Unfortunately the only other find of the day was a Vera Bradley back pack for $2.00. I’ve never sold her bags before but I’ve read that they sell well on eBay. The purse is not my style but it’s really cute and I’m tempted to keep it as a diaper bag. The last diaper bag I had I ended up selling on eBay (I forgot I listed it and started to use it so I had to empty it when it sold) so I’ve been searching for a new one. I might just use it until it sells.

I hope everyone else had better luck on their shopping expeditions this weekend. Misery really doesn’t like company.

No comments:

Post a Comment