Friday, August 26, 2011

Sometimes It's OK To Splurge

I am all about saving money any way possible. Buy once a month I splurge on myself and get a pedicure. I know it's an overindulgence but really it's one of the few times I spend money on myself. So I do it guilt free.

I think that sometimes as moms we forget that we are women too not just mom or mommy or momma. But if we don't take the time to take care of ourselves every once in a while who else will? Take some time to refuel. Or in my case a chance to sit back, relax, let someone else take care of me, and forget about the mortgage and bills and diapers and everything else for a half an hour. Then I get up from the pedicure chair and become Mom again.

For those of you wondering where my princess is at while I get my toes all pretty, my wonderful sister and I have a deal. I take her daughter, my niece, with me and gets pretty nails too and she watches my princess. Isn't family great?!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!!! Family is great and you can't take proper care of your princess if you don't take care of you. Kiddos to a good mommy.

    ReplyDelete