Saturday, November 19, 2011

Yard Sale Finds 11/19/11

The past few weekends have not been very successful yard saling weekends. Yard sale season doesn't really wind down in California since we don't get the harsh winters other states do. But we do get rains and that tends to keep sellers in bed on Saturday morning. Last night rained so I didn't have high expectations for today. But that wasn't going to keep me from looking.



The very first yard sale we stopped at I found these 4 Department 56 North Pole Series houses and people. At Christmas time when I lived in SoCal I would go to Downtown Disney and wander around the Department 56 store and stare in awe at the gorgeous displays they had. I also stared in awe at the price tags on these homes. I have never tried selling these on eBay but I got all these for $5.00 so I knew without researching them that this was a good buy. At the same garage sale I bought a bag of misc toys for my nephew for a dollar. These are scattered all over the floor already so I couldn't get a picture.



The fourth garage sale (there were a few in between I didn't buy anything at) I bought this Little Einsteins rocket. The seller could only find one figurine. I had read on Yard Sale Mommy's blog that these were a good seller on eBay. For a $1.00 I was willing to take the risk



These are for me. I bought two boxes of fake fruit for $2.00. This is the first year that I'm going to have a Christmas tree and a two year old in the home so I'm concerned about breakable ornaments. I thought this would be a good alternative and a great deal. 

Not pictured items I bought: A Stephenie Meyer "The Host" book for a $1.00 (I am a huge fan of the Twilight series so I'm excited to read this), a baby doll bassinet for my Princess, a stack of clothing for me that I bought for 10 cents each, and a few random odds and ends.

All in all I went to a least a dozen garage sales and had a car full when I got home and was only out $15.00. Now that's a success yard sale day.

No comments:

Post a Comment