Thursday, October 13, 2011

Selling on eBay

Lately it seems like I have moved away from buying and selling toys and even children's clothes and have been purchasing a lot of designer jeans. I will admit I know NOTHING about designer jeans. I just can't see myself paying over $100 for a pair of jeans. But I have seen my niece do this several times and have made note of some of the brands.

I'm having partial success with this. So far I have sold a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans for $27.00, two Diesel jeans for $19.00 and $22.99, a pair of Not Your Daughters Jeans for $29.00 and a pair of Bebe jeans NWT for $24.99. These were all sold auction. I only paid between $1.00 to $3.00 for each pair of jeans so it's a great profit. But they aren't selling as well as I was hoping. I have 4 auctions up right now and only one pair has a bid. If they don't sell I might change them to BIN and hope they sell better.

Listing a pair of jeans takes me at least twice as long to list then a toy or other items. I have to measure the inseam, waist, front rise, back rise, hips, and leg openings. In the listing I always make sure I include any details on the tag (and on some jeans that is a lot). This keeps me from receiving countless emails from potential buyers asking for more details. I also make sure I take pictures of the front and back of the jeans and a picture of the tag. Because these jeans are so expensive there are a lot of knockoffs that look authentic and usually you can tell by the tag.

Even with the extra time and the so so sales I think I will continue to sell designer jeans if I find them at a good price. These are the brands I look for:

Seven for all Mankind
True Religion
Diesel
Hudson Jeans
Citizens of Humanity
Not Your Daughters Jeans (NYDJ)

I would love to hear of any designer jeans that sell go for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment