Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Lost My IPhone

I'm mourning the loss. I asked if I could take bereavement leave but it was denied. This morning I made a quick run to Big Lots. I was checking a text as I was walking down the aisle and left the phone sitting at the very top of my purse. Someone must have walked by and grabbed it when I wasn't looking. It wouldn't have been hard to do. It was very visible sitting right on top. I can't believe there are people out there who would do something like this. Worst part is that there are no available upgrades on the family account. So I called Jason and as I nicely begged for the upgrade he has on his account. Being the sweet boyfriend that he is he offered to drive almost 2 hours in traffic to take me to the AT&T store to get it. He ended up ordering it online next day air for me. I can't wait. I'm going through withdrawals!!

Growing up we never had cell phones. I had to beg and plead for almost a year for a walkman when I was young. I remember that the only girl in our class who's family had a home computer came from a family that owned a McDonalds franchise. We thought she was so lucky. These days you see everyone walking around with an "I" something. All my nieces and nephews have an IPod. Half have an IPhone. Even my 3 year old steals my phone and walks around with it playing games, taking pictures, watching cartoons. She figured out how to do Tango the other night and video messaged my niece. But this is normal for most people these days.

The worst part is that I use my phone for eBay. It tells me when I have a sale, a message, a bid, everything. I even use it to list when I'm not near a computer and have spare time. So today I have to remind myself to check eBay every hour. The depressing part is no sales.

I just keep reminding myself that in 3 days I will be in Vegas relaxing. I can't wait.

Remember next time your out shopping if you leave you purse sitting in the cart make sure it is zipped up all the way. I would hate for this to happen to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment